I DID IT!!!…Awesome Passover Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins
I did it!
yup – after 5 frustrating tries I finally got it right.
I just made the most Awesome Passover GF Blueberry Muffins!
& I want to KVELL!
the one thing that I find I am really missing on Pesach is some type of muffin to eat with my morning coffee.
NOT an expert when it comes to Gluten Free baking, I specifically wanted to come up with a recipe
that was not a sponge cake recipe with a 100 eggs that have been whipped…
I really wanted something that was more on-point as far as flavor, texture and can
ultimately satisfy that craving and be a little healthier to boot.
having a different recipe in mind originally…
I went to the store looking for my ingredients.
when I went down the Kosher for Pesach aisle
I saw a box of Farina
instantly I had a flash of seeing a recipe for Farina Breakfast Muffins.
without the recipe, but willing to experiment, I bought the box.
The first 2 batches were awful…
I almost gave up on the spot…
thinking ugh it’s one week – I will survive without a morning muffin!
but I was already in the kitchen and the mess was made…
so what the heck..what’s another try?
and the 3rd batch was better…but not exactly..
with the last minute inspired switch from potato starch to tapioca starch
I had it! I did it! WOOHOO!
my tenacity paid off in a big way with this delicious recipe.
So much so, that I will be making these muffins YEAR ROUND.
Awesome Pesach Breakfast Blueberry Muffins
yields 24 standard size muffins
tip: these can be made in advance and freeze beautifully. Take out one at a time as needed, and toast in the oven before serving.
6 ounces (1 bag) ground almonds
1 cup Tapioca Starch
1 cup Passover Farina
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. kosher salt
1 tbsp. cinnamon
1 1/4 cup non-dairy whip
4 large eggs
1 cup oil
3/4 cup sugar
1 pint Fresh Blueberries
Pre-heat oven to 375F. Prepare your muffin tins with liners.
- In a large mixing bowl add the almonds, tapioca, farina, baking soda, baking powder, salt & cinnamon. Whisk them all together till combined.
- In separate bowl, mix together the whip, eggs, oil, & sugar. Whisk together till well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ones, and whisk together till well combined and you achieve a thick smooth batter.
- Fold in the fresh blueberries to the batter.
- Using an ice scream scooper, scoop batter into the muffin liners till the top.
- Bake in oven for 25 minutes, rotating pan halfway through baking. Muffins are ready when tops are golden brown and there is no jiggle to the batter.
- Let cool in tin for about 10 minutes before removing to rack to cool completely